INTRODUCING THE PIEZOWAVE2 AND MYOFASCIAL ACOUSTIC COMPRESSION THERAPY (MYACT)™ WITH APTITUDE TO PINPOINT THE PAIN AND TREAT AT THE SOURCE
Focusing in on pain
Mechanical stimuli affects almost all the cellular functions of living tissue such as growth, cell differentiation, cell migration, protein synthesis, physiological apoptosis and tissue necrosis. The acoustic waves generated by the PiezoWave2 converge at a point deep within the soft tissue to product an intense, extremely short duration compression burst. This focused acoustic compression force is translated to the surrounding tissue like an extremely precise deep tissue massage. The precise targeting of tissue with acoustic compression provides healthcare professionals with a tool to positively influence cellular form and function, which can result in pain relief and improved circulation.
Myofacial Acoustic Compression Therapy (MyACT)™ – A sound, adjunctive approach to treating acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries.
- MyACT improves range of mation by eliminating adhesions
- MyACT improves circulation, alleviates pain and muscle tightness, and promotes healing
- MyACT helps your patients return to more normal daily activities
– Patient satisfaction influences referrals and your reputation as a provider of effective therapies
Clinically focused pain relief improves treatment efficacy and reduces treatment time
- Patient feedback helps to guide the focused application of MyACT to precisely where it is needed
- Pin-pointing the source of pain eliminates treatments to referred pain areas
- Patient participation in therapy guidance improves understanding of treatment and on-going compliance
Advanced technology that is easy-to-use
- MyACT is delivered via the hand-held Therapy Sources
- MyACT utilizes an intense, short duration acoustic energy wave
- The array of acoustic energy generated by the MyACT therapy sources passes through soft tissue and becomes concentrated (focused) precisely at the desired tissue depth
- Multiple applicator gel pads can be interchanged to adjust the focal point depth of the acoustic wave to the targeted tissue
Unparalleled control over energy delivery, treatment depth and treatment location
- MyACT is focused deep within tissue to deliver the greatest amount of energy exactly at the point of injury
- MyACT’s focal point is adjustable to seven different depth levels application of energy
- Targeting MyACT at varying depts. To compress and manipulate tissue results in a focused and precise deep tissue massage
- MyACT flares the patient’s familiar pain confirming the area that required treatment
Myofacial Acoustic Compression Therapy™ puts cells into motion
- Years of research have shown that mechanical forces, including tension and compression, greatly influence various cellular functions such as gene expression, cell proliferation and differentiation, and secretion of matrix events.
- Cells also use mechanotransduction mechanisms to convert mechanical signals into a cascade of cellular and molecular events.
- Tenocytes in tendons, fibroblasts in ligaments and skin, osteocytes in bone, chondrocytes in articular cartilage, and endothelial cells in blood vessels are mechanosensitive and respond to mechanical forces.
- Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy’s influence as a pin-pointed delivery of mechanical stimulus can result biochemical events that lead to increased circulation and pain relief – key components in the healing process.
Effectively treats pain resulting from:
- Soft tissue strains
- Dysfunction in transitional regions between tendons and muscles
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Trigger points
- Myofascial dysfunction